Search This Blog

Donate!

Should you wish to add support and donate funds for the betterment / improvement of this blog and posts that come with it, feel free to donate funds and I'll be more than happy to continuously serve and give you unbiased reviews, opinions, and posts you love to read and share!



Thank you very much!

Translate

barbie,

My Dream Barbie Doll

12/05/2011 11:46:00 PM Ice Goddhez Blog 2 Comments

I might be too old for a Barbie Doll dream now. I know this doll is meant for kids but as they say, you're never too old for a hobby anyway ...

I used to have tons of Barbie dolls at our old home. I lost count of how many dolls I used to own. I took pictures of them everytime I play. I think, including my sister's collection, we have roughly 80 to 100 Barbie Dolls. Honestly, we had all the rare ones and some normal collection dolls. We have aunts who live in Australia who normally sends us the newest dolls in town, even before they hit the stores here in the Philippines. Our collection grew since childhood. We could run a fashion show with them and if I remember it right, we used to host Barbie Miss Universe contents with our cousins. I remember all these fun times ... but now, they're just all in my memory.

August 13, 2006 ... our house was caught by fire. In an instant, we lost almost everything. We only saved a few items and the pictures we had were not all saved. I don't even have photos of me since I was kid now. It makes me sad sometimes knowing that there's a piece of me I can't get back but as a grown-up, I must move on.

Thankfully, my family and my other relatives are all alive until now even after that tragedy. I may have lost my collections but I'm glad we're alive. I stopped collecting stuff and I guess, my fondness on vinyl or PVC toys and collectibles only returned last year or in 2009 when I started cosplaying. In real life, I love to doll up to. I guess the Barbie Doll fandom is still in me anyway; it just paused for a while. Though I didn't want to continue my collections, that blood line lives in me. And now, I want to have collections once more in the form of the collectible figures. But there's this one Barbie dolls that I still would like to have. It's the Tokidoki Barbie Doll.

Follow chenmeicai on Twitter


| Click to Blogsvertise | Got Ad? Go click! |



---

The toy was released just this October 2011. Considering that it's a rare collectible, with only a few pieces made, I knew I wouldn't stand a chance in getting one. It's also a bit pricey so I was switching from getting it to not getting it and all the blah blah ... $50 price tag but now, they're no longer available. Some collectible sites offer them but not without a heavier price tag lah~

From my previous collections, the Teen Talk Barbie was my most favorite. I had the brunette version.

Teen Talk Barbie and the Magic Talk Club by Ak&B
It was a gift from my aunt as well. I even bring her to school some times hehehe. Me and my classmates loved to play with her and make her talk. I don't remember any of the lines now though hehe. I started to love the color red that time but not before I had that doll. I thought red was a "male" color hehe.

The new Tokidoki Barbie is intended as an adult collectible item so I guess the doll still suits me. The tattoos kinda enraged some parents and stirred up controversies but ... oh well! I still love it. I have my one tattoo and I don't think it's too big of an issue considering that this doll is not one that'd be given to kids. It's labeled as an "adult collection" anyway. This doll will be on the same range as those hentai or ecchi figures that collectors have - PVC toys. One day, I hope I'll get one of these. (^_^)

The tokidoki Barbie line is sold out now. I oftentimes check the online store and I don't see any of it in there anymore. The new collection I'm seeing now is the Hello Kitty line which is also fabulous! I'd love to get some of those pieces too. Now that I'm an "adult" (LOL), I can reward myself with these items for my hard work. Hehehe. Such an excuse huh?

If there's one more collectibe, or Barbie doll that I'd love to have again, it'd be the Tokidoki Barbie and the other items on the TKDK Barbie line. But surely, there are other lines I find interesting as well and given the opportunity, I'd love to have some of them as well hehe. Consider it a birthday gift for me? *wink* Music Icon dolls yeah~

Nicki Minaj Barbie Doll (Auctioned for Charity)
Pussycat Dolls ... Celebrity Dolls!
There are more ... And actually, I think I'm more into the music icons or celebrity dolls. Probably, it's also my fashion statement ... while being a corporate chic, the child in me has never gone away. I'm still a doll and I love to doll up. The tragedy may have happened but life doesn't stop there. I must move on and be the girl I need to be ... (^_^) Every girl is a Barbie ... moreover, a doll in each of our own unique ways! Cheers!



Chai

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with everything you said. I also try having collections myself, I just never know what I should collect.. Problems? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I wish I can just collect and collect and collect too :)

    ReplyDelete

I used to use Disqus as my Comment Form but now I just switched back to this. If you see some replies not matching original comments, just ignore and comment away. ^_^

If you want to follow each other, I'm ok with that (^_^) Kindly follow me then I'll follow back. Thanks a bunchies!

#ATTENTION DEAR READERS / FOLLOWERS

Be an e-tailPR blogger


Due to recent news that Google Reader is retiring by July 1, 2013; this means I may not be able to follow the feeds of the blogs I currently follow / read. Same thing with my readers. So to keep up with each other's updates, kindly follow me back on these other alternatives.



Thank you very much! I promise to do the same to fellow bloggers I'm currently connected with. (^_^) Just let me know my dears!

And if you wish to FOLLOW EACH OTHER, please read this post first to know my views about it.

My Thoughts on Follow Each Other Requests


If you're one of those I used to follow but now I'm no longer following you, either your blog was changed to private; no longer existing; or simply because you fall in those categories I mentioned in this article. Sorry but I wish to keep a friendly group and remain true with my blogging principles. Thank you.