Search This Blog

Donate!

Should you wish to add support and donate funds for the betterment / improvement of this blog and posts that come with it, feel free to donate funds and I'll be more than happy to continuously serve and give you unbiased reviews, opinions, and posts you love to read and share!



Thank you very much!

Translate

cosplay,

Seriously, LANDMARK, Cosplaying Security Guards??? Cosplay and Sports Challenge?

9/21/2011 09:44:00 AM Ice Goddhez Blog 2 Comments

#phchurpchurp is the newest social media community!

Landmark September 2011 - Cosplay & Sports Challenge Guards

Follow chenmeicai on Twitter


| Click to Blogsvertise | Got Ad? Go click! |

---

I wasn't as thrilled in seeing the Landmark Guards in Cosplay as I am when I see cosplayers in malls where I suspect there's another cosplay event that I did not know of, whenever I happen to pass by. As much as the mall's prior gimmick with their Michael Jackson Uniform for the Dance Party Theme.

This time around, they're having a Cosplay and Sports Challenge Theme for the month-long event or ... I dunno. I mean, well I'm not certain if they're really security guards but they check your belongings when you enter the mall and inspect if you have weapons or guns that kill or what-have-you so what do you expect? They do frisking too right? Well, you'll see this new theme plastered everywhere you go and for me, I've pretty much seen this at Landmark QC beside TriNoma though and not anywhere else yet. But seriously, I am not liking it! Nuh-uh!


Ako Si Roj Blog - Landmark Trinoma
My sentiments still fall on the fact that security officers need to be respected and to be looked up to by the mall-goers and not to be laughed at nor make fun of. Surely, they can dress up the way they want or be in costumes at certain events, but definitely not in performing their day-to-day-safekeeping-job. As I stated in my prior blog post as well, our security officers have been flagged already, a lot of times, for their failed attempts in keeping our foreign visitors and locals alike. Add this, and you get more of those incidents. How can a security officer dolled up in a Naruto costume be able to fight crimes (duh ... extreme choice of words, neh?) while being busy taking pictures with strangers? While others may enjoy it, I certainly don't. It's all about imagery too, bebeh! They even liked it that I took photos of them too.

Landmark September 2011 - Guards in Naruto Cosplay Welcome You to Landmark!
In two (2) weeks time, we already had fatal incidents inside a supermall like SM. Last week, a certain jealous and revengeful wife shot her husband dead inside SM North EDSA. The brave security guard took a toll in his attempt to stop it but later had him as a victim too. Kudos to his heroic act. This week, we had a teenager who shot his alleged boyfriend too, and later killing himself as SM Pampanga. What security measures are being implemented to help prevent such cases? While SM Malls have already released their public apology and reassurance of a more stringent security policy, and while most Filipinos now do not care anymore about it yet there are still a few concerned citizens who get bothered with it; we cannot let go of the fact that there's still a gap in security policies' implementation that lead to such deathly occurences.

In those fatal incidents, the security officers' uniforms did not play a lot of role in keeping everybody safe. That, I take into consideration. Whether in official uniform or not, they still failed to rescue nor event prevent such from happening.  Sad fact. While that may be true, we cannot veer from the fact as well that all the more, having security guards in such Naruto-esque outfit will lead to disrespect and mall goers may not take them seriously than how they are treated now. How could you expect them to protect you?

Do we need to add more to the problem? I don't think so. This is another epic fail!
I may be generalizing but ... I don't think it's good. They don't seem to be good at their "security" job. They're not good at cosplaying either. That ain't too-Naruto-ish for me!

Chai

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Nakakaliw tingnan but you do have a point. Sino aba kasi nakaisip nito? naman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. Keri lang sana if maayos ang cosplay. Kaso hindi eh. LOLZ.

    ReplyDelete

I used to use Disqus as my Comment Form but now I just switched back to this. If you see some replies not matching original comments, just ignore and comment away. ^_^

If you want to follow each other, I'm ok with that (^_^) Kindly follow me then I'll follow back. Thanks a bunchies!

#ATTENTION DEAR READERS / FOLLOWERS

Be an e-tailPR blogger


Due to recent news that Google Reader is retiring by July 1, 2013; this means I may not be able to follow the feeds of the blogs I currently follow / read. Same thing with my readers. So to keep up with each other's updates, kindly follow me back on these other alternatives.



Thank you very much! I promise to do the same to fellow bloggers I'm currently connected with. (^_^) Just let me know my dears!

And if you wish to FOLLOW EACH OTHER, please read this post first to know my views about it.

My Thoughts on Follow Each Other Requests


If you're one of those I used to follow but now I'm no longer following you, either your blog was changed to private; no longer existing; or simply because you fall in those categories I mentioned in this article. Sorry but I wish to keep a friendly group and remain true with my blogging principles. Thank you.