Search This Blog

Donate!

Should you wish to add support and donate funds for the betterment / improvement of this blog and posts that come with it, feel free to donate funds and I'll be more than happy to continuously serve and give you unbiased reviews, opinions, and posts you love to read and share!



Thank you very much!

Translate

accessories,

In Need of a Watch

7/09/2011 09:25:00 AM Ice Goddhez Blog 0 Comments

I ain't really a "A Watch Person" or those folks who love to wear watches. I mean, I guess it's not my kind of thing. The last time I've worn watches was way back highschool? Or college years. Not so long ago haha! And I basically use it for timekeeping purposes only - like, when is this class gonna end; will I be late now I hire a cab or better to ride a trike; etc. Some of my other friends use it as a fashion statement.

In 2010 though, I got myself a new watch, after some years. I personally loved the style and simplicity of its design yet it's a powerful personality statement. It's a Black Mango Digital Rubber Watch, for the lack of a better name. LOL. I owned it for a year and have worn it everyday. That daily wear and tear have probably caused its strap to deteriorate, to the point that I had to use super glues to keep 'em intact haha. I personally love Mango's style in all aspects too - be it clothing, accessories, jeans, etc. There's another classy watch from the store that I'd love to get but I figured, it's too costly - not to the point of the cash out amount but its use. I don't think I can wear it daily unlike the one I got. That other watch was full of straps and jewel stones, making it sooo elegant and not apt for daily use. Recently though, I lost my Mango watch, sad to say. I think after playing at an arcade when I removed it, I slid it somewhere and forgot where .. while its look & feel ain't the same anymore, I still wanted to keep it. However, now, it's gone. I wonder if I can still grab the same style at other MANGO branches. I hope I could.



To date, I haven't found a Mango branch yet that carries their line of watches; or one which has the exact same watch type. But in my search, I found this Hiroyuki Matsuura X Swatch! I find the designs pretty cool. And now I'm thinking ... should I get one of these instead. My passion for fashion and my love for cosplay tells me that this one suits my style best. It's funky attitude matches my personality. It may grow out of style for some, but not for me, as long as my cosplaying-self is intact. LOL. I planned to join the Tattoed in Time Cosplay Contest last month at TriNoma. Unfortunately, as I was all-ready with my costume, make-up, etc. from work, I was tasked with a few more items, making me stay longer in the office. I was rooting for that Swatch watch though hehehe (sooo poor me lah!)  Thr urge grew as I read it from one of the blogs I follow and dearly love - chuvaness.com. Photo courtesy of the site as well. Dang! Hope I don't run out of money! Haha!

At this point, I'm still thinking if I should continue to search for the Mango watch I love or get into this new style & design by Swatch. The former serves my primary purpose + add style into it. The latter defeats my primary purpose but achieves it in a way and add +++ style, design, trend, personality, and attitude in wearing a watch, or so I say.

Hmmm ...


Chai

You Might Also Like

0 Goddesses:

I used to use Disqus as my Comment Form but now I just switched back to this. If you see some replies not matching original comments, just ignore and comment away. ^_^

If you want to follow each other, I'm ok with that (^_^) Kindly follow me then I'll follow back. Thanks a bunchies!

#ATTENTION DEAR READERS / FOLLOWERS

Be an e-tailPR blogger


Due to recent news that Google Reader is retiring by July 1, 2013; this means I may not be able to follow the feeds of the blogs I currently follow / read. Same thing with my readers. So to keep up with each other's updates, kindly follow me back on these other alternatives.



Thank you very much! I promise to do the same to fellow bloggers I'm currently connected with. (^_^) Just let me know my dears!

And if you wish to FOLLOW EACH OTHER, please read this post first to know my views about it.

My Thoughts on Follow Each Other Requests


If you're one of those I used to follow but now I'm no longer following you, either your blog was changed to private; no longer existing; or simply because you fall in those categories I mentioned in this article. Sorry but I wish to keep a friendly group and remain true with my blogging principles. Thank you.