Since I was a kid, I've looked up to this lady. I first saw her video on MTV entitled Did It Again. That time, I was only getting hooked up to watching music videos. I got addicted to this artist because of her unique voice, sexy persona, and the girly attitude. I immediately tried to ransack all record bars for her CD. Unfortunately, I don't think Kylie is that big yet in the Philippines back then. I wasn't able to find any of her albums here. I waited for a few months and months and months and still didn't see her album anywhere.
My last resort was my aunt from Rocky, Aussie and thankfully! She found me a copy! That was my very first CD, by the way -Kylie's Impossible Princess Album. My schoolmates were even envious back then coz I was able to get this limited edition album. LOLZ. I could still recall the smirk on their faces hahaha. Kid fight stuff lah~ I mean, well, we're pre-teens or something ... what can you expect? Remember the days? "Who looks like Kylie?" Stuff like those haha. The fandom never stopped.
From there, I started to follow her works. I later learned about her 80s songs and have learned to love 'em as well. Do the Locomotion baby! I was SUCH A FAAAANNN! I also watched her flick Street Figher. Not only was I a fan of the game but because I was also a Kylie fan, that's why I watched it. I was overjoyed when she really made it bigger here in the Philippines as a dancing diva, when she debuted her single, Spinning Around. I wept with her when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I also fought together and supported her endeavors about fighting the said illness. I was hoping to see her live in person and watch her concert ... It could've been on her Aphrodite tour ... unfortunately, I missed it.
|Kylie Minogue's "Did It Again" Music Video|
Why did I miss it? Well ... the lamest reasons here ...
- The lamest me wasn't able to hear the buzz about her concert (what in the world???) ... Com'on! I've been mostly out of my social networking life! Geee!!!
- I've filed too many leaves already this year primarily due to my scoliosis treatment and therapies so out of courtesy, I woulnd't wanna abuse my remaining credits. I just filed one for Toycon 2011; which was rather recent. Cosplay went first!
- It was raining hard that day. There was a tropical deppression in the country; which even hindered me from coming to work on time. Areas surrounding were almost heavily flooded.
- I was already starting to get sick this week and I was almost down the same day due to severe colds
- Work is still my priority and I have a client visit coming so I need to prepare better for it
I just wish to see her again some other time. Kylie is such an inspiration to me and I admire her insights, her aura, everything! I guess a lot of women do look up to her. I took the concert for granted. Unintentionally though ... you bet! I really do wanna see her. (T_T) *sobs* Better luck next time to me then ...