Share A Sale

2013 Father's Day-10% off

ShareThis

Friday, April 5, 2013

Outfit Post: Unpretty ♭♪ ♫ ♬

One of the songs I grew up with was Unpretty from the trio girl group known as TLC. The lyrics lingered through the years and always had a soft spot in me. I think it's pretty influential and straight to the point, straight to the heart ... it has definitely touched and moved me. The message sinks in and it becomes pretty-motivational. At some point, it serves as the words I wanted to tell some people ... let's sing together ...


My outsides look cool, my insides are blue  
Every time I think I'm through it's because of you  
I've tried different ways but it's all the same  
At the end of the day I have myself to blame I'm just trippin'
You can buy your hair if it won't grow 

You can fix your nose if you say so  
You can buy all the make up that M.A.C. can make  
But if you can look inside you, find out who am I too 
Be in a position to make me feel so damn unpretty  
Yeah, I'll make you feel unpretty too

Yeah sometimes, I feel unpretty and have lackluster dressing like this ... lazy dressing of some sorts. LOL. So I just put on what I see around. Makes sense?

25% off elegant lace dress now


Follow chenmeicai on Twitter

Follow on Bloglovin

| Click to Blogsvertise | Got Ad? Go click! |
#phchurpchurp is the newest social media community!


---

Don't you sometimes feel too tired and too lazy ... close to lethargic? I'm talking about dressing up sort of thing ... well for me, I do ... sometimes. And motivation escapes me so there are times I consider myself dressing up poorly or ... as I said, "lack-luster" dressing. At those times, I just pick up pieces in the wardrobe that are "easy to put on" and doesn't require much styling.

The Fashion Darling Watch
By Tomato Time

During those "lazy day" dressing, I also just use minimal accessories, close to none. I don't want to worry about bringing a lot of things anyway. So the lesser items I bring, the better. Besides, aren't we all getting lazy to bring a lot of stuff anyway? Hehe.

Abstract Marble Painted Pencil Cut Skirt
By Zara Trafaluc TRF
And while I entitled this look Unpretty, I must say this skirt is contradictory. I believe it is actually pretty. The fabric is so soft and stretchable, it one of the many versatile skirts I really love. The abstract marble paint design gives it the unique look it has, that makes it wearable with any outfit; I guess. I can easily mix and match this with my other pieces of clothing. It also gives me that svelte figure illusion so haha! I know it's a pretty skirt. LOL.

Big Black Shades
By Charles & Keith

I have to make sure my outfit is work-friendly of course. And this one, I bet, passes that criteria anyway. So to avoid being too-boring, I accentuated the look with some pop of colors. The skirt, is one. And that cutesy purse is another. The beaded design matches the marble effect on my skirt. Hmmm, I must say this ain't too unpretty afterall huh?

Black Suede Strappy Heels
By Charles & Keith

The most makeup I wear to work is a black eyeliner and that's it! I get too darn lazy to remove tons of makeup on my face too so I'd rather keep it minimal as well. Everyday, I get this plain, boring look haha. And normally, I just tie my hair up. Same ol' me huh? Well, I don't want to attract too much attention so I keep it simple. Sometimes, I guess that drags me to feeling "not pretty" as well hehe. Talk about the irony of it!

Basic Grey Longline Open Cardigan

Not everyone appreciates simple dressing but for me, I'd rather keep it simple than be too flamboyant and loud and attract all the wrong attention ... or get attention for all the wrong reasons. After all, we go to the work place to work right? But every now and then, we get to consider it as our runway ... the world is a very big catwalk for all of us anyway. And sometimes, we have to treat ourselves and make sure we're pretty, facing all the challenges that come our way.

What do you think?

  1. F21 Tear Pointed Drop Earrings, Forever 21 Philippines 
  2. Black Tube Blouse, Self Esteem Clothing, http://selfesteemusa.com/ 
  3. Basic Grey Longline Open Cardigan
  4. Black Suede Strappy Heels, Charles & Keith 
  5. Hearts Charm Silver Bracelet, (Gift)
  6. Big Black Shades, Charles & Keith 
  7. The Fashion Darling Watch, Tomato Time 
  8. Lavender Bejeweled Beaded Purse, (Gift)
  9. Zara TRF Abstract Paint Printed Pencil Skirt, Zara Trafaluc, ZARA




Where to find this look?
Unpretty ♭♪ ♫ ♬
Lookbook | Tumblr | Facebook

Get this Look?


Do you like this look? Hopefully! (^_^) Stay pretty girls!


Chai

128 comments:

Post a Comment

If you see this message, please reload and wait for my Disqus Comment Form :)

If you want to follow each other, I'm ok with that (^_^) Kindly follow me then I'll follow back. Thanks a bunchies!