As they said ... the 'shoe' must go on ...
The festival runs from October 3 to November 18. The cosplay competition will commence on November 16, 2011. Marikina is known as the "shoe capital" of the Philippines, where the finest and proudly-Pinoy made crafts can be found. In a span of two (2) years, the city has been known as well for holding cosplay-related events, owing to the fact that most cosplayers have also resorted to using rubber materials in crafting their costumes, which are used also in making shoes. This in fact has added more to the prestige of the city, hence making it more accessible for mainstream cosplay events to be held. The city is rich in Filipino culture and tradition as well despite its urbanization.
Ok I know history bores you (similarly with me hehe) so let's get back to business. The Shoe Cosplay Competition. It sounds pretty weird for me but I ride along with it then considering that it's held in Marikina, the "shoe capital" anyway. Now, what's up for grabs for us and everyone else?
| Click to Blogsvertise | Got Ad? Go click! |
These are the cosplay guidelines found in Cosplay.PH Forum:
Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay Guidelines:
- The Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay is open to all event attendees.
- Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay is an OPEN CATEGORY event where participants could cosplay any character that they want, from any genre (whether it's from an anime, manga, games, comics, movies, western animation, visual kei, harajuku fashion, etc.) Original Characters are not qualified.
- The Shoe Festival 2011 Individual Cosplay will be held on November 16, 2011 Wesnesday.
- Interested cosplay participants may register on the day of the event. For this year, we are limiting the number of participants to 150 Individual cosplayers .
- Each Cosplayer must answer a question related to the theme.
- All registrants is required to submit a printed copy of the picture of the character that they’ll be cosplaying. Only printed pictures will be accepted.
- After the registration, cosplayers are encouraged to stay at the Cosplayer’s Lounge. The SHOE FESTIVAL 2011 cosplay judges will be observing the participants prior to the actual contest.
- Fanservice (ie. yaoi, yuri, etc.) is allowed but should be “General Patronage”. Any kind of extreme kind of fan service (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors are strictly prohibited. Keep in mind that the Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay is a wholesome and a General Patronage event.
- Costumes that are too revealing (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantly clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but are not encouraged. The Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay Organizers and the cosplay management team have the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with utmost care and must not be harmful to his/her fellow cosplayers, event staff and event attendees. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that will be used as costume props that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment/s that will be used as costume props that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited.
- Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay Organizers, Cosplay Management Team, and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a cosplayer in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
- Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay organizers reserve the right to disqualify any cosplayer who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned guidelines.
- The Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
- Registration and participation to the Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay cosplay constitutes that the cosplayer gives the right and the authority to Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to take pictures and/or videos of registered cosplayers and will be the sole property of the organizers/staff, its sponsors and authorized press media to be used for future publications and/or advertising promotions.
- Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay Guidelines are subject to change without prior notice.
- CRITERIA FOR JUDGING and AWARDS (Shoe Festival 2011 Cosplay judges’ decisions are final and can’t be appealed.)
- Craftsmanship - 30%
- Accuracy - 25%
- Stage Performance - 25%
- Question and Answer - 15%
- Audience Impact - 5%
Total = 100 %
Over All Best Cosplayer - P 5,000
Best Male Award - P 3,000
Best Female Award - P 3,000
Best Craftmanship Award - P 3,000
Best Lady Gaga Look Alike - P 3,000
Lady Gaga did showcase a number of noteworthy shoe-fashion-items and trends but ... well, I still don't know exactly why it is a separate category. While I guess we can't deny the fact that a number of cosplayers these days have donned costumes or prominent looks of different celebrities, even outside of the KPOP or JPOP trend. Lady Gaga is not an exemption. I myself have tried that in 2009.
|Photo by Gian Potente|
Markee as Lady Gaga (Just Dance Version) - Won as Best Pick
Chai as Lady Gaga (The Fame Version) - Won as Best Female
Otaku Taiiki 2009, SM Megamall
Me and my friend were crazy over Gaga's fame back then haha!
Last year, Markee did another Gaga cosplay ...
|Markee's Lady Gaga (Telephone Version) Cosplay|
"I Ai Anime" Event, 2010
Hmmm ... I think this thinking gives me an idea then to ... cosplay another Lady Gaga version? Hmmm ...